Tim saved the day and my plane

Say thanks if someone's helped you out at the patch

Tim saved the day and my plane

Postby LeighH » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:08 pm

Well after i landed i did shake his hand with thanks but feel a necessary to put this post up

for those that were not there yesterday i swapped the aileron servos on my Sebart thinking that the hightec's where giving up (the fault now appears to be a bug in my DX18, another story) for a pair of savox servos

now this is my own fault but i never checked the direction of the control surfaces as i naturally assumed that a simply servo swap with everything going back in the same place would be as before, it become apparent straight after take off that the savox servos rotate in the opposite direction to hitec giving me a flight to remember and ailerons that where reversed, whilst i did manage to fly the plane for a good 5min in this configuration i do think landing without destroying the plane would have been hard work

luckily tim was on hand to reverse both aileron channels whilst i flew the plane resulting in one safe landing and one relived pilot

well done tim
LeighH
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Re: Tim saved the day and my plane

Postby TimR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:06 am

No problem Leigh, I'd rather see a saved plane than a smashed up one :-)

And credit to you for continuing to fly it while I fiddled around with your TX - especially the bit where you have flap/spoiler on the aileron stick!

Did you see my post about your DX18?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=802
TimR
Club Trainer

Re: Tim saved the day and my plane

Postby LeighH » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Yes I did

Need to call horizon when I get 5 min

I have had it on at home and can't get it to so the fault but it is definitely there as we know
LeighH
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Return to Somewhere to say thanks!